Sunday, August 30, 2015

Creating PDP and PPP Lesson Plans

In this post I present the two lesson plan that I create this week. Besides, I will share with all of you how this process was. The process of create a lesson plan require organization, knowledge, creativity, and specific objectives. These are the aspects that in my opinion are the most important at the time to create a lesson plan. Now I will explain the experience that I face while I did these two lessons.
Before starting creating my lesson plan I felt a little bit nervous. Even though, it was not my first time I felt confuse about the topic and included aspects that I needed to evaluate. Moreover, I got confuse at the time to divide the lesson in the framework PPP OR PDP. These two frameworks are the ones that are use two plan either a planning for productive (listening and writing) or perceptive skills (reading and listening). These were the issues that I faced but after some explanations from the teacher I could start creating my lesson plan.
During the process there were many aspects that I wanted to include; however, I learnt that is necessary to analyze the aspects that we want to evaluate and keep in mind our objectives. The time goes fast when I am creating a lesson plan because I pay too much attention to some aspects. For example, think about the warm up activity that fits better. This is one common thing that happens to me while I am doing the planning. Another thing that I face in this process was that every aspect to evaluate must have a purpose. Teachers should not  include something just to fill the time. After I create my two lesson plans I realized how hard is the job of a teacher because they create a lesson plan for every class and that is what I will do the rest of my life. I really  like to be in charge of the classroom and measure the knowledge of my students so I will enjoy it and of course I will do my best to help my students.



Don Bosco University
Teaching Practicum I “Teaching English to Young Learners”
Teacher:  Susana Lisseth Anaya                                    Date:   August, 24th 2015
Topic: My Classroom
Objective:  By the end of this lesson students will be able to list and pronounce 6 objects that are used in classroom by asking what is this? what is that?

Target skill: Listening, grammar, writing           Planning Framework: PDP 


Time
Stage
Active/Procedure
Details


5 minutes



Warm up

-This activity is called “Late for School”
Students will imitate all the movement that the teacher does this involve wake up, getting dress, brushing their teeth, take breakfast, etc.
When they are ready to go to the school they realize that is “Saturday” and they go to bed again laying in the floor.
Aim of the Activity:
Break the ice

Type of learner: V, A, K
Interaction: T-S



15 minutes



Pre-listening
-Working in the same groups students will guess what the topic is by watching some images in a power presentation.
-Teacher will provide the topic and the vocabulary that students will use.
-Teacher will explain the use of what is this? And what is that? To ask for the names of objects.
Aim of the Activity:
Present the topic
Materials:
Power Presentation
Type of learner: V,A,V
Interaction: T-S, SS.




20 minutes


During

-Students will practice the pronunciation of the classroom’s objects by listen to an audio.
-Students will have a page will many classroom objects and they will listen to an audio then they will cross it out the objects that they listened.
-Students will practice with a partner the questions what is this? And what is that? Asking the name of some objects of the class.
Aim of the Activity:
Practicing
Materials:
Audios, page with objects of the classroom
Type of learner: V,A,
Interaction: T-S,ss.



20 minutes


Post
-Students will take a number and make a group with the partner that have the same number, then they will create a conversation using the names of the objects that are found in classroom and what is this and what is that questions.
-Students will play the game called “hot potato” and there will be two selected groups that will share their conversations with the rest of the class.
Aim of the Activity:

Materials:
Type of learner: V,A,K,V.
Interaction: T-S,ss.


Don Bosco University
Teaching Practicum I “Teaching English to Young Learners”
Teacher:  Susana Lisseth Anaya                                    Date:   August, 24th 2015
Topic: My Classroom
Objective:  By the end of this lesson students will be able to identify and write correctly the name of 5 different objects in the classroom using the question what is this? what is that?.

Target skill:  Listening, writing           Planning Framework:  PPP


Time
Stage
Active/Procedure
Details


5 minutes



Warm up

-children will stand in pairs and would be “front to front” with their pairs. Then will listen to the instructions of the teacher and when she says “change” they will change pairs. The teacher will give the instruction for example back to back, elbow to elbow, knee to knee, etc.

Aim of the Activity:
Break the ice

Type of learner: V, A, K
Interaction: T-S



15 minutes



Pre-listening
-Teacher will present the topic “my classroom” with the help of some flashcards that have the name and the picture of some objects that are found in classrooms.
-Students will be introduced to what is this? What is that? Question in order to ask for the name of the objects.
-Students will use these questions to ask their classmates and teacher for some objects in the classroom.

Aim of the Activity:
Present the topic
Materials:
Flashcards
Type of learner: V,A,V
Interaction: T-S




20 minutes


During

-Students will sing a song to practice the name of the objects of the classroom
-Students will walk around the classroom and asked 3 students to the name of the object using the question studied.

Aim of the Activity:
Practicing
Materials: cd player
classroom
Type of learner: V,A,
Interaction:T-S, SS.


15
 minutes


Post


-Teacher will give a short test to students it will include to fill it with the name of the correspond object.

Aim of the Activity:
Know what student have learnt
Materials:
Type of learner: V,A,K,V.


5 minutes



Wrap up
-teacher will play the same song that teacher played before but students will need to write the name of the object that they heard and write down with the missing name of the object in the lyric.
Aim of the Activity:
Know what student have learnt
Materials:
Type of learner: V,A,K,V.




3 comments:

  1. I am glad to read that you are convinced that effective lessons come out of a very well organized lesson plan. That is the job of a teacher but unfortunately many forget about it and come to the classroom only to entertain students but in a meaningless way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Í thought that PDP lesson was focused in Listening and reading and that PPP lesson was focused in reading and speaking the productive areas. Please let me know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! PDP lesson is focused in listening and reading.

      Delete